The funding model for 6-month projects
The HALOS project has ended and no more applications are accepted
Within HALOS it was possible to apply for 6-month HALOS Cross Border Research projects. Below you can read about the application process and how to get started with your application. The evaluation process took in average 2-3 weeks.
- Project Eligibility Criteria
- Application step-by-step
- Tips for preparing your application
Project Eligibility Criteria
Proposed projects were evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Projects must be related to the use of at least one of the following: electrons, neutrons, synchrotron and FEL-light andgenerallybe based on experiments, either directly or indirectly.
- Projects should aim at educating young researchers (typically PhD students and/or postdocs, or technical staff) in the use of electrons, neutrons, and synchrotron and FEL-light and involve both a supervisor and a co-supervisor. Projects are of six months duration and must generally be cross-border, meaning that supervisor and co-supervisor must be from different countries, other constellations require explicit arguments.
- Projects based on new collaborations between researchers in the Hamburg-ÖKS region will be prioritised.
- Applicants must present an industry outreach or impact plan in their application*.
- Prioritization of the project by the local steering committee member.
- A complete description of the co-financing for the project.
- Emphasis should be given to the three horizontal criteria: sustainable development, equal opportunities and non-discrimination, and gender equality. All of these must be explicitly addressed in the proposal.
Proposals were evaluated by the Cross Border Research Steering Committee composed of members from each of the 13 HALOS partner organisations as well as industry representatives, according to the main goals of the Cross Border Research program:
- scientific merit,
- horizontal criteria,
- outreach to industry plan,
- value for the Life Science sector in both academia and industry,
- and innovation potential
1. Read the application call text (found in the right side menu)
2. Prepare your call according to the instructions (use the pdf or word template in the right side menu)
3. Send in your application by e-mail to kajsa_m [dot] paulsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se (subject: CBR%206-month%20application) (Kajsa M Paulsson).
Tips for preparing your application
- Before starting to write an application, please feel free to contact your local HALOS representative who will be happy to explain the eligibility criterias, discuss your project proposal or assist you in finding a suitable match for your application.
- The list of representatives can be found in the right side menu.
Instructions and templates for your CBR application
HALOS CBR Steering Committee and partner organisations
Chair Kajsa M. Paulsson & deputy Oxana Klementieva
Lund University HALSO CBR Reference Group
University of Copenhagen
Michael Gajhede & deputy Annette Eva Langkilde
UCPH HALOS CBR reference group
Marité Cardenas & deputy Felix Roosen-Runge
Esko Oksanen & deputy Zoë Fisher
Hans-Christian Wille & deputy Nele Müller
Maria Garcia Alai
Kristina Lorenzen & deputy Robin Schubert
Bahrenfeld HALOS CBR reference group
Anders Bjorholm Dahl
DTU HALOS CBR reference group
Gregers Rom Andersen
Aarhus University HALOS CBR reference group
Medicon Valley Alliance
Petter Hartman & deputy Nicole Mastrell
University of Oslo
Reidar Lund & deputy Gabriele Cordara