Apply for funding from HALOS for 6 months projects
Take the chance to apply for a 6-months HALOS Cross Border Research project!
Proposed projects will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Projects must be related to the use of at least one of the following: electrons, neutrons, synchrotron and FEL-light andgenerallybe based on experiments, either directly or indirectly.
- Projects should aim at educating young researchers (typically PhD students and/or postdocs, or technical staff) in the use of electrons, neutrons, and synchrotron and FEL-light and involve both a supervisor and a co-supervisor. Projects are of six months duration and must generally be cross-border, meaning that supervisor and co-supervisor must be from different countries, other constellations require explicit arguments.
- Projects based on new collaborations between researchers in the Hamburg-ÖKS region will be prioritised.
- Applicants must present an industry outreach or impact plan in their application*.
- Prioritization of the project by the local steering committee member.
- A complete description of the co-financing for the project.
- Emphasis should be given to the three horizontal criteria: sustainable development, equal opportunities and non-discrimination, and gender equality. All of these must be explicitly addressed in the proposal.
Proposals will be evaluated by the Cross Border Research Steering Committee composed of members from each of the 13 partners as well as industry representatives, according to the main goals of the Cross Border Research program:
- scientific merit,
- horizontal criteria,
- outreach to industry plan,
- value for the Life Science sector in both academia and industry,
- and innovation potential.
More information here